If your debt is canceled or forgiven, you'll receive Form 1099-C (Cancelation of Debt).
Note: If you received a 1099-C for your main home and another 1099-C for something else (like a credit card, car loan, or second mortgage) you won't be able to use TurboTax, as we don't support this.
To enter your 1099-C:
- Open or continue your return
- Search for 1099-C or 1099C (lowercase also works)
- Select the Jump to link at the top of the search results
- On the Tell us about your canceled debt screen, select the type of canceled debt (main home or other) and then select Continue
- Go through the screens to answer any follow-up questions about your canceled debt
- Follow the instructions to enter info from your 1099-C