TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

How do I enter a 1099-C?

SOLVEDby TurboTax4749Updated February 15, 2024

If your debt is canceled or forgiven, you'll receive Form 1099-C (Cancelation of Debt).

Note: If you received a 1099-C for your main home and another 1099-C for something else (like a credit card, car loan, or second mortgage) you won't be able to use TurboTax, as we don't support this.

To enter your 1099-C:

  1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Search for 1099-C or 1099C (lowercase also works).
  3. Select the Jump to link at the top of the search results.
  4. On the Tell us about your canceled debt screen, select the type of canceled debt (main home or other) and then select Continue.
  5. Go through the screens to answer any follow-up questions about your canceled debt.
  6. Follow the instructions to enter info from your 1099-C.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads