You can enter the income reported on your Form 1099-K (along with any cash or checks you received) as self-employment income on Schedule C. Here's how:
- Open or continue your return
- Search for Schedule C and select the Jump to link in the search results
- Answer the questions about your business. On the Let's enter the income for your work screen, select Other self-employed income
- If you’re returning to Schedule C, select Review or Edit next to your work and then answer the questions about your business
- On the Tell us about other self-employed income for your work screen, enter your 1099-K info
- Select Continue when finished
If you are entering income from a 1099-K, remember that it reports the gross amount of the transactions. It doesn't include any adjustments for credits, refunds, discounts, or fees. You’ll have a chance to enter self-employment expenses in another part of your return.