How do I import from Quicken into TurboTax CD/Download Basic, Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business for Windows?
The TurboTax for Windows personal software can import directly from Quicken for the same year, plus the prior and following year.
This means 2018 TurboTax for Windows can direct-import from Quicken 2017, 2018, and 2019. Quicken versions earlier or later than those must be imported from the Quicken .txf file.
Before you begin:
- Make sure the Quicken software version supported by direct import is installed on the same computer as TurboTax.
- If this isn't possible, or your version of Quicken is too old or too new to direct-import, import from the Quicken .txf file instead.
- Your Quicken data file should be on your local drive (not networked).
- Enter the tax year's financial information in Quicken before you import.
- Assign tax forms and lines to your Quicken data. More help
- During the import, make sure Quicken is running and that your Quicken file remains open.
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- From the TurboTax File menu, select Import > From Accounting Software.
- If you're importing from both Quicken and QuickBooks, import from QuickBooks first.
- Select Quicken, click Continue, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
If you're unable to do a direct import for whatever reason, you can always import from the .txf file instead.