TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
2870 people found this useful

Where do I enter Schedule C?

We'll automatically create and fill out Schedule C or C-EZ when you set up your business in TurboTax, or when you enter what the IRS considers self-employment income (often reported on a 1099-MISC).

Schedules C and C-EZ are supported in TurboTax Self-Employed (online and mobile app) and in all personal 1040 versions of the TurboTax CD/Download software.

To set up your business:

  1. Open (continue) your return, if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for schedule c and click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses? or Did you have any income and expenses for a business in 2017? and follow the onscreen instructions.

Or, if you need the Schedule C to report a 1099-MISC, search for 1099misc, then click/tap the "Jump to" link in the search results. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC? and follow the directions. We'll ask questions to find out if the income needs to go on Schedule C or C-EZ; if it does, we'll add the schedule to your return.

Note: On returns that only require Schedule C-EZ, we'll also generate Schedule C, but this is only used for calculation purposes and isn't filed with the return.