Where do I enter Form 3922? - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Get the latest stimulus news and tax filing updates.
Intuit

Where do I enter Form 3922?

Your employer will send you Form 3922, Transfer of Stock Acquired Through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan Under Section 423(c), if you purchased ESPP stock during the tax year.

If you didn't sell any ESPP stock, don't enter anything from your 3922. Simply keep it with your tax or investment paperwork, in case you need to correct the cost basis when you later sell the shares.

Once you sell the shares, the brokerage firm that handles your ESPP should send you Form 1099-B, which reports the sale. If the cost basis in box 1e is wrong, here's where you can use your 3922:

1. In TurboTax, search for 1099-b and select the link.
  2. Answer Yes on the Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments ... screen.
  3. Answer Yes on the Did or will you receive a 1099-B form or brokerage statement for these sales? screen.
  4. Enter or select your financial institution, or select I'll type it in myself if you don't want to upload.
  5. On the Tell us about your 1099-B sales screen, answer the questions, and answer Yes, they do under Do these sales include any employee stock?
  6. Select Continue.
  7. Add your details from your 1099-B and Continue.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post