Troubleshoot Printing Issues
Many printing problems can be resolved by installing the latest version of Adobe Reader (it's free).
If that didn't help, proceed to the troubleshooting steps below.
Follow these steps in the order given:
- See if you can print something from a different program.
- Make sure your printer's drivers and computer's operating system is up-to-date.
- (TurboTax software) Make sure TurboTax is up-to-date.
- Make sure the printer you're using is your default printer.
- Remove all other devices (external or thumb drives, scanners, etc.) which can sometimes interfere with printers.
- Shut your computer and printer down for 15-30 seconds, and then turn them back on.
- If your printer is on a network, try a direct connection to a printer using a cable.
- (TurboTax Online) Sign in with a different browser and/or try a different computer has access to a printer.
- (TurboTax Online) If your program hangs up at Preparing your documents, try these workarounds.