Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Jan 23, 2020 10:06:28 PM

When is Wisconsin Schedule I going to be on Turbotax. The goverment website says it was put online on 1/22, but it hasn't shown up on Turbotax, and it won't let me file.

1 82 12546
1 Best answer
Expert Alumni
Jan 24, 2020 8:48:27 AM

In order to make a form available, TurboTax has to create the software and test it before making that form available within the TurboTax product. Thus, it takes some time after a state government releases a form for the form to be available in TurboTax.

In this case, you can see the estimated release date for Wisconsin Schedule I at this TurboTax webpage.

Check the webpage and when the date is changed to "available", then the form is ready to use in TurboTax.

24 Replies
Expert Alumni
Jan 24, 2020 8:48:27 AM

In order to make a form available, TurboTax has to create the software and test it before making that form available within the TurboTax product. Thus, it takes some time after a state government releases a form for the form to be available in TurboTax.

In this case, you can see the estimated release date for Wisconsin Schedule I at this TurboTax webpage.

Check the webpage and when the date is changed to "available", then the form is ready to use in TurboTax.

Level 1
Jan 28, 2020 1:35:05 PM

I continue to get the message that Wisconsin has not provided Schedule 1.    According to what I read online.  Wisconsn released it on 1/22/2020.  I am using an IPad.  

I did receive an order confirmation from TurboTax but have not received an e-mail from Wisconsin or the Feds that they have received my tax forms.

Help!

Expert Alumni
Jan 28, 2020 3:29:08 PM

As I noted above, it doesn't matter when the state releases the form, it takes time for any tax software company to code their version of the electronic form, get it approved by the state, and then write and test the software that supports the form.

Does the message actually say that Wisconsin has not released the form, or does it say that the form is not yet available in TurboTax? This is two different things.

Level 1
Jan 28, 2020 5:57:10 PM

It says the form has not been finalized at this time, But it still says the form is available 

Expert Alumni
Jan 28, 2020 7:43:42 PM

Wisconsin Schedule I, Adjustments to Federal AGI will be available in TurboTax Online and TurboTax Desktop on February 6, 2020.

Jan 28, 2020 7:51:43 PM

I'm having the same problem.   So I can't file until this is fixed when the update releases in February?

Jan 29, 2020 5:17:07 AM

Correct. Patience, Iago.

(Glad for this thread because I have been getting very angry myself. Been trying to file for 2 weeks now...)

Level 15
Jan 29, 2020 5:20:24 AM

Schedule I, Adjustments to Federal AGI - Estimated available date 02/06/2020

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_wi_online_individual.html

Level 1
Jan 30, 2020 10:30:07 AM

When will it be up?

Level 1
Jan 30, 2020 10:31:12 AM

How long until it's up on site?

Level 15
Jan 30, 2020 10:33:16 AM

@NkCkGk642 wrote:

How long until it's up on site?

Schedule I, Adjustments to Federal AGI - Estimated date available 02/06/2020

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_wi_online_individual.html

Jan 31, 2020 8:05:26 AM

Can I still e- file my federal taxes even though the state Schedule 1 isn't ready?

Jan 31, 2020 12:46:41 PM

I filed my fed today and will

come back and do my state when the schedule I is available, while It is convenient to file them together it’s not necessary. 

Jan 31, 2020 12:48:21 PM

I filed my Fed return today, and will file my State when the schedule I is available. While it is Convenient to file them together it’s not necessary. 

Jan 31, 2020 1:58:08 PM

How did you force through the Fed?

it stops me at the submit due to the schedule I. 

Level 15
Jan 31, 2020 2:08:52 PM

@rkpayne686  wrote:

How did you force through the Fed?

it stops me at the submit due to the schedule I. 

In the File section Step 3 choose the option to mail the tax returns.  On the following screen for the federal tax return leave the option to e-file.  For the state return change to mail.  Continue with the section and you can e-file the federal tax return only.

After the federal tax return has been e-filed and accepted by the IRS, then you can return to the File section Step 3 and choose E-file.  Change the federal to file my mail and the state to e-file.  Continue.  You will be able to e-file the state return only.

Jan 31, 2020 2:46:09 PM

I actually just clicked the button to have my state deleted, it did alert me that I would have to re-input all of my information, which is fine. It allowed me to do my federal taxes I actually just received the email that it was accepted. 

Jan 31, 2020 4:37:22 PM

When  is Wisconsin  Scheduled  1 going  to be on Turbo tax.

Level 1
Jan 31, 2020 4:40:33 PM

I would of never started filing my taxes if I Would’ve known it wasn’t available on your site you should’ve let everyone know firsthand before they start their taxes, now I sit and wait or file papers 

Returning Member
Feb 1, 2020 5:36:26 PM

2/1/20: I'm using the free file online version. Can't find a way to file Fed first. Keeps wanting to fix the state return but can't. Intuit's list of forms shows "available" although it doesn't work.  (And they are finalized by Wisconsin about a week ago. Hardly any changes either.) Get your act together Intuit! At least let me file my Fed now!

Level 15
Feb 1, 2020 6:45:28 PM

@Ken77 wrote:

2/1/20: I'm using the free file online version. Can't find a way to file Fed first. Keeps wanting to fix the state return but can't. Intuit's list of forms shows "available" although it doesn't work.  (And they are finalized by Wisconsin about a week ago. Hardly any changes either.) Get your act together Intuit! At least let me file my Fed now!

As previously stated on this thread -

In the File section Step 3 choose the option to mail the tax returns.  On the following screen for the federal tax return leave the option to e-file.  For the state return change to mail.  Continue with the section and you can e-file the federal tax return only.

After the federal tax return has been e-filed and accepted by the IRS, then you can return to the File section Step 3 and choose E-file.  Change the federal to file my mail and the state to e-file.  Continue.  You will be able to e-file the state return only.

Level 2
Feb 1, 2020 8:40:21 PM

Tired of waiting. Going somewhere else to do my taxes.

Feb 1, 2020 11:05:32 PM

As of February 3, 2020, the page shows the Wisconsin Schedule 1, Resident Income Tax Return, Page 1, 2 as "available".  However, I cannot file, keep getting message that it is not available yet.

Level 15
Feb 2, 2020 4:53:11 AM

@Betty17 wrote:

As of February 3, 2020, the page shows the Wisconsin Schedule 1, Resident Income Tax Return, Page 1, 2 as "available".  However, I cannot file, keep getting message that it is not available yet.

Schedule I, Adjustments to Federal AGI - Estimated date available 02/06/2020