Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Apr 9, 2018 5:00:14 PM

Self Employment Information

I have been trying to get help since last night concerning Self Employment information under the State Taxes. We are a 2 member LLC, so why is it asking about self employment information. 

The question is, You have a South Carolina net profit(loss) of all federal Schedules c of $0.

1. What is one half of all the self employment tax related to the $0 listed above.

2. What is one half of the self employment tax on partnership income related to south Carolina (do not include any of the amount from question 1 here)?

I do not understand what to do here or where to look to get the answer, I have called in and got one gentlemen who put me on hold to transfer me and i was suppose to get a call back and never have. Can someone please help here?

0 3 833
3 Replies
Expert Alumni
Apr 9, 2018 5:13:38 PM

Is your two member LLC husband and wife? If so, then can treat the LLC as a Qualified Joint Venture and income flows through your respective schedule C's. If not, then you enter your LLC's K-1's for your business.

Returning Member
Apr 9, 2018 5:27:28 PM

PaulaM thank you for your reply and yes ma'am we are husband and wife. I do have a schedule C for both of us.  So in the State how do i get passed this and I did not mention (was not thinking of it) but I am also a independent sales rep and i have a schedule c for it as well. if i hit enter then it says i have entered too much self employment on the previous screen . the two amount can not be greater than the amount on the federal return. 

Expert Alumni
Apr 9, 2018 6:08:23 PM

Can you try to enter 0 for both question 1 and 2 if that is applicable to your situation? Enter 1/2 of the SE tax shown on your 1040 and if it is zero, enter zero. And if you have no partnership income, then enter zero for question 2 also.

Your situation is difficult to solve in this format. It would be best if you can contact support again. They are in a better position to resolve if they can view your screen.

You can contact TurboTax at either link below.

What is the TurboTax number?

Contact US