Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Mar 16, 2024 4:57:43 PM

Return Rejected: "ED_3800_part2Line10b - There is an issue related to Form 3800, General Business Credit."

Hiya,

I've been using TT for longer than I can remember and this is the first year my return was rejected.  Hoping for some clarity here.

I have a home energy credit of $600 which TT has placed on Form 5695 and TT shows as being e-file ready.  However, when my return was rejected the accompanying message stating:

"ED_3800_part2Line10b - There is an issue related to Form 3800, General Business Credit."

However, form 3800 also shows e-file as e-file ready.

TT provides a bit more information on the e-file status screen, stating:

There is an issue related to Form 3800, General Business Credit.

This issue will be resolved in a product release scheduled for March 22, 2024. On or after March 22, 2024, sign in to TurboTax and follow the steps below to review and resubmit your return.

[steps removed by me]

Note that your tax refund/liability may have changed due to Energy Efficient Home Energy Credit now being accounted for on the General Business Credit Form - General business credits are limited to your tax liability minus any personal credits.

Here are a few questions:

1. TT installed an update today, 3/16/24, but since my $600 credit still shows on form 5695, I assume today's update did NOT fix the above mentioned issue. Am I correct and are there release notes?
  2. Is the update still on schedule for 3/22/23, if so, what time is the update scheduled to drop
  3. How will I know the update fixes this issue, i.e., will my credit move to form 3800 and will 5695 be delete.  Again, are there release notes I can review?
  4. Finally, am I understanding all this correctly because my home energy credits have nothing to do with business so I can't see why it makes sense to move them to business form 3800.

Given that I am in the health care exchanges, it's critical I file my taxes in a timely fashion, especially since I need to pay back some premium subsidies this year, so this situation has me more than a little anxious.  Any help would be most appreciated.

0 1 5061
1 Replies
Expert Alumni
Mar 21, 2024 6:58:36 AM

There are issues still be resolved in relation to this. You can get updates through this link. Why is Form 3800 Part 3 doubling my General Business Credit amount?