Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Feb 23, 2024 6:27:58 AM

Personal property

In Massachusetts a mobile home is considered Personal Property.  I sold a mobile home for a profit but I don't know which version of Turbo tax I need to use to report this income.  all i have is receipts for all my costs.

Once I get the correct version of Turbo Tax what section is required to report this income? 

Please send email with your response.

[email address removed]

0 3 193
3 Replies
Level 3
Feb 23, 2024 6:39:46 AM

Here is a previous thread that may be of help with regards to your question:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/which-version-of-turbotax-desktop-when-selling-primary-residence/00/3121432 

Level 3
Feb 23, 2024 6:43:17 AM

To report the home sale, you will navigate through the following sections:

1. Personal Income

2. Less Common Income

3. Sale of Home (gain or loss)

Expert Alumni
Feb 25, 2024 9:20:42 AM

It would be considered the sale of your home.

The sale of your home would be reported only if you had a taxable gain or received Form 1099-S

If you lived and owned your home for at least two years in the 5-year period on the date of sale, you don't have to report the sale on your tax return, if your gain is less than $250,000 if filing Single (and $500,000 for married filing jointly both spouses must live and own the home for 2 years).

I don't know all of your tax circumstances to recommend a product, but you can click here to compare TurboTax products or click here for help in contacting Turbo Tax Support. 

You can report the sale of a home using TurboTax Deluxe.  To enter a Form 1099-S you must use TurboTax Premier.

Click here for how to enter your form 1099-S.

Click here for how selling a home affects your taxes.

Click here for tax aspects of home ownership.

Click here for information on the taxability of income from sale of home.