Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 3, 2019 4:47:40 PM

My turbotax premier came with the wrong state return

My Premier Turbo tax CD came with the State of Colorado return rather than Arizona.  I need to download the Arizona return.

0 1 750
1 Best answer
Level 15
Jun 3, 2019 4:47:41 PM

The tax software will pre-download any state it "thinks" you might need (in some alternate universe)

...but if you don't use the  extra ones, you are not charged for them, unless you selected one  them as your "free" one when you tried to access it.

SO...On the Personal Info page make sure you have Colorado selected as your resident state...or Other State Income state if CO is not your resident state .  

Fill in ALL of your Federal section first, including all CO income entries...then when you step to the state section, you should either see it there already

...or if it is not there, you hit the blue button to "Get Another State" an select CO that way

1 Replies
Level 15
Jun 3, 2019 4:47:41 PM

The tax software will pre-download any state it "thinks" you might need (in some alternate universe)

...but if you don't use the  extra ones, you are not charged for them, unless you selected one  them as your "free" one when you tried to access it.

SO...On the Personal Info page make sure you have Colorado selected as your resident state...or Other State Income state if CO is not your resident state .  

Fill in ALL of your Federal section first, including all CO income entries...then when you step to the state section, you should either see it there already

...or if it is not there, you hit the blue button to "Get Another State" an select CO that way