Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 9:06:25 PM

My state return isn't ready for printing "because some of the forms haven't been finalized yet". Your state forms availability table shows all are available for printing?

My state return isn't ready for printing "because some of the forms haven't been finalized yet". However, your state forms availability table shows all forms for the state of Hawaii are available for printing.  I am unable to file my state return due to this issue.  Please fix asap.

0 6 2209
1 Best answer
Level 15
Jun 4, 2019 9:06:33 PM

I presume you have run the program updater to get all the latest updates.  If not, try that first.

See the workaround reported by various Hawaii users in this long thread at the link below.   It's not an official workaround from TurboTax, since TurboTax has not yet published an actual fix.  But apparently they are deleting a couple of old files that have persisted.  If you do so, save the files in some fashion at another location, etc. just in case.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4630628-2018-hawaii-tax-return-forms-cannot-view-and-print?

Another user reported there that he resolved his issue by uninstalling and reinstalling TurboTax, then updating it.

6 Replies
Level 15
Jun 4, 2019 9:06:26 PM
Jun 4, 2019 9:06:28 PM

No, the state is Hawaii.

Level 15
Jun 4, 2019 9:06:29 PM
Jun 4, 2019 9:06:30 PM

No joy.  Still says "Your Hawaii return is currently unavailable to view, print, or download because some of the forms haven't been finalized yet."

Level 15
Jun 4, 2019 9:06:32 PM

@folf
See the info I left in the answer below where you can join in with info shared by other Hawaii users on how you may be able to workaround this issue.

Level 15
Jun 4, 2019 9:06:33 PM

I presume you have run the program updater to get all the latest updates.  If not, try that first.

See the workaround reported by various Hawaii users in this long thread at the link below.   It's not an official workaround from TurboTax, since TurboTax has not yet published an actual fix.  But apparently they are deleting a couple of old files that have persisted.  If you do so, save the files in some fashion at another location, etc. just in case.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4630628-2018-hawaii-tax-return-forms-cannot-view-and-print?

Another user reported there that he resolved his issue by uninstalling and reinstalling TurboTax, then updating it.