Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 3, 2019 12:07:14 PM

My state payment was not deducted from my account yesterday. Does this mean I did something wrong? Who should I contact?

0 2 286
1 Best answer
Jun 3, 2019 12:07:15 PM

Please do not be concerned. Under the best conditions, it sometimes takes two or three business days for payments to actually clear the banking system and appear in your account. For state taxing agencies, April 15 would never be considered the best conditions, as you might imagine. Be confident that your payment will be processed by your state taxing agency and it will be treated as having been received on April 15, if that is the date you specified when you filed.

2 Replies
Jun 3, 2019 12:07:15 PM

Please do not be concerned. Under the best conditions, it sometimes takes two or three business days for payments to actually clear the banking system and appear in your account. For state taxing agencies, April 15 would never be considered the best conditions, as you might imagine. Be confident that your payment will be processed by your state taxing agency and it will be treated as having been received on April 15, if that is the date you specified when you filed.

Level 15
Jun 3, 2019 12:07:17 PM

Check the printout or PDF of your return; look for the state cover sheet with the Turbotax logo.  If you owed tax, it will show the payment information and how/when you decided to pay.  Read the state payment instructions carefully since most states cannot be paid from within the TT system and requires additional steps.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900884-what-are-my-options-for-getting-my-state-refund-or-for-paying-any-state-taxes-i-owe