Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Mar 27, 2024 10:56:05 AM

I've entered my Summary 1099B data. I also need to send the IRS my 1099B details. Why don't I get the prompt to upload the 1099B PDF file?

0 1 633
1 Replies
Expert Alumni
Mar 27, 2024 2:15:35 PM

You may have reported only covered Sales section titles or misreported a Sales section title as covered.

A covered Sales section title has already been reported to the IRS. 

Your brokerage statement includes a summary of your transactions, grouped by sales category, for example, Box B short-term uncovered or Box E long-term uncovered, you will enter the summary info instead of each individual transaction.  Follow these steps:

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Down the left side of the screen, click on Wages & Income.
  • Scroll down to Investments and Savings and click the down arrow to the right.
  • Click Start / Revisit to the right of Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other.
  • Click Add investments.
  • At the screen Let's import your tax info, click Enter a different way.
  • Click on Stock, Bonds, Mutual funds. Click  Continue.
  • At the screen Which bank or brokerage is on your 1099-B, enter the information. Click Continue.
  • Do these sales include any employee stock, click No.
  • Do you have more than three sales on your 1099-B, click Yes.
  • Do these sales include any other types of investments, click No.
  • Did you buy every investment listed on your 1099-B, click Yes.  Click Continue.
  • At the screen Now, choose how to enter your sales, select Sales section totals.  Click Continue.
  • At the screen Look for your sales on your 1099-B, click Continue.
  • At the screen Now enter one sales total on this 1099-B, enter information. Click Continue.
  • Repeat as necessary by clicking  Add another sales total.  Click Continue.
  • At the screen Now we'll help you upload your 1099-B since the IRS requires a copy, select Browse.
  • Download the 1099-B in PDF format from your provider.
  • Upload successful, click Continue.