Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 5, 2019 11:49:03 PM

I purchased 2 TurboTax cds to complete taxes for me and for my father. One is done but Turbotax wants me to pay to submit my state online. What do I need to do?

0 1 329
1 Best answer
Level 15
Jun 5, 2019 11:49:05 PM

Yikes.  You only needed to buy 1 CD.  The Desktop program can do unlimited returns.  Yes there is a 24.99 state efile fee in the Desktop program or you can print and mail state for free.

Are you both in the same state?  What you get is one free state program download to prepare unlimited state returns.  Then each state return including the first one is 24.99 to efile.  It was 19.99 before March 1.

You should try to get a refund for the second CD.  It won't let you install the second CD on the same computer.

1 Replies
Level 15
Jun 5, 2019 11:49:05 PM

Yikes.  You only needed to buy 1 CD.  The Desktop program can do unlimited returns.  Yes there is a 24.99 state efile fee in the Desktop program or you can print and mail state for free.

Are you both in the same state?  What you get is one free state program download to prepare unlimited state returns.  Then each state return including the first one is 24.99 to efile.  It was 19.99 before March 1.

You should try to get a refund for the second CD.  It won't let you install the second CD on the same computer.