Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 4
posted Jun 15, 2024 8:19:36 PM

I'm having an odd pop-up on all My TurboTax Forms

Any idea what's causing this?  It happens with all pull-down menus on all forms.  2023 TurboTax for Windows.  I've been using it for many months and it just started this behavior.  I have restarted my PC, checked updates etc.  I can work around it but its annoying.  Thanks all. 

0 3 9951
1 Best answer
Level 15
Jun 16, 2024 4:33:15 AM

@JohnASmith 

Yeah, that came in with the recent Desktop software update...and only in Forms Mode.

Not sure if it's just for Windows versions, or MACs too (probably not for MACs....)

The rt-click on the field still brings up the correct menu.

See a previous discussion here:

Forms View Problem Showing Drop Down List After Update (intuit.com)

I suspect it will be eliminated in next week's software update (Update on Friday).....or they may discover the correct update file to post to us all before then...but don't know for sure.

In the meantime, I'm not going to touch my "real" already-filed tax file...just in case there is something else in that update that messes u my "real" tax file.

I hope one of the Champs has reported this to a moderator to get on the software team's case about this screwup.

3 Replies
Level 15
Jun 16, 2024 4:33:15 AM

@JohnASmith 

Yeah, that came in with the recent Desktop software update...and only in Forms Mode.

Not sure if it's just for Windows versions, or MACs too (probably not for MACs....)

The rt-click on the field still brings up the correct menu.

See a previous discussion here:

Forms View Problem Showing Drop Down List After Update (intuit.com)

I suspect it will be eliminated in next week's software update (Update on Friday).....or they may discover the correct update file to post to us all before then...but don't know for sure.

In the meantime, I'm not going to touch my "real" already-filed tax file...just in case there is something else in that update that messes u my "real" tax file.

I hope one of the Champs has reported this to a moderator to get on the software team's case about this screwup.

Level 4
Jun 16, 2024 3:05:48 PM

Thank you, I will patiently wait for an update. 

Level 15
Jun 21, 2024 4:38:38 AM

Well.....lookss like the weekly overnight software update (20-21 June)  didn't fix that weird green pop-up menu.

Maybe some (undetermined) future update will.

Apparently, no one in the software team is paying attention......or whomever is in charge, went on vacation.