Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 1, 2019 10:42:52 AM

I did not receive an acknowledgement e-mail that my tax return was received by the IRS after turbo tax filed it electronically.

0 20 8738
20 Replies
Level 15
Jun 1, 2019 10:42:53 AM

TurboTax sends an email to the email account of record for your user ID when the tax return has been accepted or rejected by the IRS.  Check your email account spam or junk mail folders for the TT email.
Verify that you have the correct email address for your account.
Sign in to your TurboTax Online account.
Select Intuit Account from the lower left corner.
This will take you to an Account Settings screen.

Intuit Alumni
Jun 1, 2019 10:42:54 AM

If you are looking for your tax refund, it usually takes 2-3 weeks to get your refund. Some taxpayers get theirs early while some will wait the entire 3 weeks. Taxpayers should keep in mind that “Where’s My Refund?” is updated once daily and usually overnight. IRS customer service representatives cannot provide refund information until 21 days have passed since the return was filed. “Where’s My Refund?” provides the most up-to-date information. You can track your refund by the following information.

Please see below for tracking your federal refund:

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Please see below for tracking your state refund:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433

If you e-filed your tax returns, you can also click here e-file status lookup tool to check your e-file status. If you filed it successfully, you should see PendingAccepted or Rejected.

Mar 4, 2021 8:50:34 AM

I did not receive a acknowledgement e letter how do I get another sent to me

Intuit Alumni
Mar 4, 2021 9:31:48 AM

@Alh5113 If you are wanting to check the status of your return, upon signing into TurboTax, you should see the status of your return.  You can also use the "Where's My Refund? tool

If you're just looking for your confirmation email, be sure to check your spam/junk inbox to ensure that it didn't end up there.  

Returning Member
Mar 6, 2021 11:53:06 AM

I didn't receive acknowledgement e-mail from irs from turbotax.com

Intuit Alumni
Mar 6, 2021 12:13:24 PM

If you didn't receive your confirmation email, try checking your junk or spam folder.  You also check your e-file status by logging into your TurboTax account. After signing in, you will see the status of your return in Tax Home. For more information, please see How do I check my e-file status?

@carcierik

Mar 21, 2021 12:16:35 PM

Of my taxes being excepted

Intuit Alumni
Mar 21, 2021 12:29:08 PM

To track and stay up to date with your personal return please click here  for assistance. 

Level 1
Mar 29, 2022 6:36:45 PM

Re: I did not receive an acknowledgement e-mail that my tax return was received by the IRS after turbo tax filed it electronically.

Expert Alumni
Mar 29, 2022 7:51:45 PM

Here's how to Check Efile Status.

May 9, 2022 9:12:35 AM

I filed paper return

Level 15
May 9, 2022 9:44:39 AM

@jj912 

Then you will get no notifications from TT as they are not informed you mailed in the return or that the IRS got it. 

If you mailed in the return then prepare for a long long wait ... paper returns are taking 6 months or much much longer to process again this year.  And until the envelope is opened  and the data input operator enters it in the system the WMR?  tool will not even show it in the system for processing.   Check this tool once a week until you see it in processing :  https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Taxpayers Who Filed Paper Returns Could Wait 6 Months for a Refund (businessinsider.com)

Level 3
Feb 11, 2023 9:27:43 AM

You are not alone.  In the past I got email and/or text; this year nada.  When I re-opened Turbotax, I found that my return had been accepted only a few hours after having been transmitted.  So it's probably best simply to return to Turbotax periodically to check on e-file status.

Mar 14, 2023 11:03:17 PM

Same

Expert Alumni
Mar 15, 2023 5:14:39 AM

Turbo Tax usually issue an e-mail when the IRS has accepted your return.  That e-mail is sent to the e-mail on the account.  It is always good to check your Junk and Spam folders too.

Let's try clearing your cookies, history and cache' then reboot.  Sometimes you are just caught in a loop.  Use this link to Clear cookies etc.  

How to Clear History, Cookies and Cache

@Viperinstinct

Level 15
Mar 15, 2023 6:51:05 AM

Sometimes your email provider blocks TT emails if they think it is spam ... check the email settings to allow TT to go to your inbox. 

Level 3
Mar 15, 2023 7:19:27 AM

I didn't either, and I always check my junk mail folder.  In 2022 I also received a text when the return was accepted.  All text and email got through.  In 2023 I got neither, so conclude that notifications were not sent.

Apr 22, 2023 8:59:02 AM

I have not received my confirmation letter from the IRS yet  I have checked my spam account no letter. It's been more than 2 business days what do I do 

Level 3
Apr 22, 2023 11:38:36 AM

It looks like a lot of us did not get notified of acceptance by  email and/or text for TY2022.  The notification is from Turbotax not IRS, and simply states that your return has been accepted.  When no notification was received I logged back into Turbotax  a few hours after return submitted and my return's status was listed as accepted.

Returning Member
May 5, 2023 11:03:28 AM

It did not except filing by irs refused the 2022filing electronically so I printed a hard copy and mailed it as suggested by the turbo tax instructions after my taxes we’re completed.