Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 3
posted Jun 1, 2019 4:02:30 AM

How do you download 2017 state on TT business without it shutting down after saving automatically and stay closed?

When I attempted to download 2017 state, TT business automatically shuts down after saving the file (a prerequisite before downloading state) and did not reopen. There was no state download, just nothing. I tried the state download through both the "Business Info/About your business" tab and also the "State" tab, but to no avail, same problem. TT business just shuts down. There was no other app running in the background. This is on Windows 10. 

0 7 1117
1 Best answer
Level 3
Jun 1, 2019 4:02:41 AM

Thank you for all the help! I tried a couple more times and somehow I finally got through to the download page (TT didn't shut down) and it directed me to the page where it says the dates when the State will be available for download. I didn't do anything different from all the previous times I tried, and I have the virus protection on again. And - SweetieJean, you are right that my comment was posting from Ubuntu, but I run TT taxes on a Windows 10 PC.

7 Replies
Level 15
Jun 1, 2019 4:02:32 AM

You may need to shut off your virus protection while it downloads.

Level 3
Jun 1, 2019 4:02:33 AM

Just tried that. Unfortunately it doesn't download. TT went straight to Error page and ask for email/comment, then closed.

Level 15
Jun 1, 2019 4:02:35 AM

Contact TurboTax Customer Support for assistance in this situation.
Go to <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/">https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/</a>

Level 15
Jun 1, 2019 4:02:36 AM
Level 15
Jun 1, 2019 4:02:37 AM

That's right ... many states are not yet ready to download.

Jun 1, 2019 4:02:39 AM

I called turbo tax with same issue. locks up. no response from Turbo Tax, they said technical support would call one week ago 2.18.18

Level 3
Jun 1, 2019 4:02:41 AM

Thank you for all the help! I tried a couple more times and somehow I finally got through to the download page (TT didn't shut down) and it directed me to the page where it says the dates when the State will be available for download. I didn't do anything different from all the previous times I tried, and I have the virus protection on again. And - SweetieJean, you are right that my comment was posting from Ubuntu, but I run TT taxes on a Windows 10 PC.