Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Jan 13, 2021 8:39:32 PM

Hello! I'm struggling to find form FTB 3853 for health coverage exemption to file on my state taxes. Anyone else run into this problem? What can I do??

0 1 3156
1 Best answer
Expert Alumni
Jan 14, 2021 2:50:10 PM

Form 3853 in California (Health Coverage Exemptions and Individual Shared Responsibility Penalty) is generated by TurboTax and included in your tax return. It is not a form that you receive (if that's what you meant).

The form is not yet available in TurboTax. The current estimated date of availability is 1/28/2021. Note that this date is subject to change, so keep up with form releases at Availability of State forms.

When the form is available, then you will be able to enter the data on the California input screens that will generate this form.

1 Replies
Expert Alumni
Jan 14, 2021 2:50:10 PM

Form 3853 in California (Health Coverage Exemptions and Individual Shared Responsibility Penalty) is generated by TurboTax and included in your tax return. It is not a form that you receive (if that's what you meant).

The form is not yet available in TurboTax. The current estimated date of availability is 1/28/2021. Note that this date is subject to change, so keep up with form releases at Availability of State forms.

When the form is available, then you will be able to enter the data on the California input screens that will generate this form.