Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 6, 2019 4:41:16 AM

Hello I cant get out of this. It keeps going back to form 14039 and i only click on it to read about it now it thinks I may be at risk for identity thief.

and i just want to efile but i cant

0 1 247
1 Best answer
Jun 6, 2019 4:41:18 AM

If you were not a victim of tax related identity theft, then you can delete Form 14039: Identity Theft Affidavit because it is no longer needed. 

If you want to delete Form 14039: Identity Theft Affidavit in TurboTax online, follow the steps below:

• Log on to your Turbo Tax Online account and open your return.
  • Select My Account at the top of the page, then Tools from the drop-down box.
  •  In the Tools box, click on Delete a Form.
  • When the list of forms in your return appears, look for "Form 14039: Identity Theft Affidavit". If it is there, delete it. 
  • Confirm that you want to delete the form, click Continue, then choose Continue With My Return (at the bottom of the list) to go back to your return.

1 Replies
Jun 6, 2019 4:41:18 AM

If you were not a victim of tax related identity theft, then you can delete Form 14039: Identity Theft Affidavit because it is no longer needed. 

If you want to delete Form 14039: Identity Theft Affidavit in TurboTax online, follow the steps below:

• Log on to your Turbo Tax Online account and open your return.
  • Select My Account at the top of the page, then Tools from the drop-down box.
  •  In the Tools box, click on Delete a Form.
  • When the list of forms in your return appears, look for "Form 14039: Identity Theft Affidavit". If it is there, delete it. 
  • Confirm that you want to delete the form, click Continue, then choose Continue With My Return (at the bottom of the list) to go back to your return.