Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Jul 1, 2020 4:24:44 PM

Form 4797, Part II, Line 10

Where do the amounts for Form 4797 Part II, line 10 (Ordinary Gains and Losses) come from on the K-1s I receive?  They add up to a fairly large amount and I'm not sure where they are coming from on the K-1s that I get and if they're correct.  Thanks for your help.

0 2 994
1 Best answer
Not applicable
Jul 1, 2020 5:14:37 PM

usually on the disposition of a partnership interest, there's section 751 income to be reported.  this is not included on the k-1.  it is reported in a supplemental schedule accompanying the k-1 and is entered in the disposition details for the partnership.   also, the amounts can come from the sale of business assets held 1 year or less.   another source from the k-1's would be from line 11i that you entered on line 2 of the subschedule for 11i items. 

2 Replies
Not applicable
Jul 1, 2020 5:14:37 PM

usually on the disposition of a partnership interest, there's section 751 income to be reported.  this is not included on the k-1.  it is reported in a supplemental schedule accompanying the k-1 and is entered in the disposition details for the partnership.   also, the amounts can come from the sale of business assets held 1 year or less.   another source from the k-1's would be from line 11i that you entered on line 2 of the subschedule for 11i items. 

Level 2
Jul 1, 2020 7:21:08 PM

Thanks, that was really helpful.