Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Jun 6, 2019 12:05:24 AM

Do I have to file 1099S?

I have sold my primary home of 15years and had a gain of less than $100K and bought another home...I have a 1099-S...

do I have to file the info and will turbo deluxe prompt me under "wages&income" if I select Less common income category for 1099-S info?

0 3 916
1 Best answer
Expert Alumni
Jun 6, 2019 12:05:26 AM

Yes, you will need to include your Form 1099-S.  Since this form was issued to you, the IRS will be looking to match it to your return.

Yes, TurboTax will walk you through reporting the sale of your home when you select "Sale of Home" under "Less Common Income".

If you have any additional questions while walking through this section, please comment below so that I can assist you further.

3 Replies
Expert Alumni
Jun 6, 2019 12:05:26 AM

Yes, you will need to include your Form 1099-S.  Since this form was issued to you, the IRS will be looking to match it to your return.

Yes, TurboTax will walk you through reporting the sale of your home when you select "Sale of Home" under "Less Common Income".

If you have any additional questions while walking through this section, please comment below so that I can assist you further.

Level 2
Jun 6, 2019 12:05:27 AM

EXACTLY the info I asked for and thanks!!!!:>)

Expert Alumni
Jun 6, 2019 12:05:28 AM

You're welcome!