Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Jan 28, 2020 1:40:21 PM

Did anyone else have both state and federal accepted, but receive an email from TT saying W2 processing errors and action needed? Call in support was zero help..

0 4 381
4 Replies
Level 15
Jan 28, 2020 7:40:12 PM

I've seen some similar reports of emails received after returns have been accepted.  If you check your e-file status (use linked info below) and your federal return still shows "Accepted", I wouldn't take any of the actions suggested in your email.  This has been reported to TurboTax Moderators for investigation, and is possibly a scam.

How do I check my e-file status? 

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

Intuit Alumni
Jan 29, 2020 10:04:50 AM

Please disregard the email if you have not received a rejection letter from TurboTax and your return is still showing as accepted. Please click here to check the status of your e-file.

Level 15
Jan 29, 2020 12:32:10 PM

UPDATE:  There have been some issues with some users' import of their W-2s.  If you've received an email from TurboTax indicating an internal rejection, please see the info below for instructions on how to proceed.

How can I fix m y W-2 import issue? 

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

Level 1
Jan 31, 2020 3:10:12 AM

Hi there,

Thank you for your answer!  However, I don't have the option to edit my federal submission on Turbo Tax, as it is listed as "accepted" and "received by the IRS".  I'll continue to check the IRS site daily to see if they accept or return my submission and will work on editing my W2 at that point. 

Thank you,

Lea