Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 7:56:10 PM

Can i use one purchase of turbotax online deluxe to file multiple returns?

0 7 960
1 Best answer
Intuit Alumni
Jun 6, 2019 12:59:03 AM

No, the purchase of TurboTax Deluxe online is for one return.  If you would like to file another return, you will need to make a new account and file and pay for the program. If you need to file more than one return, then I would suggest downloading TurboTax Deluxe where you can efile up to 5 returns. Please see the link here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/deluxe.jsp Note: If you choose to efile your state returns there is an additional fee. Otherwise, you can prepare and mail them for the cost of postage. Please see the note at the link posted above. 

7 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Jun 6, 2019 12:59:03 AM

No, the purchase of TurboTax Deluxe online is for one return.  If you would like to file another return, you will need to make a new account and file and pay for the program. If you need to file more than one return, then I would suggest downloading TurboTax Deluxe where you can efile up to 5 returns. Please see the link here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/deluxe.jsp Note: If you choose to efile your state returns there is an additional fee. Otherwise, you can prepare and mail them for the cost of postage. Please see the note at the link posted above. 

Jun 6, 2019 12:59:05 AM

Thank you so much! Appreciate the very helpful quick reply!

Intuit Alumni
Jun 6, 2019 12:59:08 AM

You're welcome! 🙂

Returning Member
Mar 25, 2020 1:11:43 AM

If I buy Deluxe download will I be able to share it on different computers for different returns, incl. different OS - Mac and Windows from a single purchase?

Level 15
Mar 25, 2020 3:56:16 AM

@Jadima You can use the CD/download on more than one computer but it does not switch from Windows to Mac  OS--choose one or the other--the download does not work for both.

Feb 21, 2022 1:12:04 PM

If I need TurboTax deluxe for one state return and not the other, do I need to pay $80?? Or can I just decide per return whether I need to purchase deluxe? Right now it's charging me $120 for both states and federal when I only really need it for one state return and probably federal. I could do the other state with the free edition. Please help.

Intuit Alumni
Feb 21, 2022 4:16:08 PM

If you file one return as Deluxe, the others would use Deluxe as well. 

it is not an option to file Basic for one, and Deluxe for the other.