Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 7, 2019 3:11:04 PM

Can I claim my 2 month daughter even when I stop working in October 2016? I only made $13400

0 4 784
1 Best answer
Jun 7, 2019 3:11:06 PM

Yes you can claim her if she lived with you since she was born. Depending on your circumstances, it's possible that others might be eligible to claim her.  And your filing status would depend on circumstances.  But you definitely can claim her if you lived together since her birth, and it will probably make a big difference in how much you receive.

The Turbotax interview will guide you through this, or you can post with more detail and get more responses here.

4 Replies
Jun 7, 2019 3:11:06 PM

Yes you can claim her if she lived with you since she was born. Depending on your circumstances, it's possible that others might be eligible to claim her.  And your filing status would depend on circumstances.  But you definitely can claim her if you lived together since her birth, and it will probably make a big difference in how much you receive.

The Turbotax interview will guide you through this, or you can post with more detail and get more responses here.

Level 15
Jun 7, 2019 3:11:09 PM

If you claim her, make sure you say she lived with you ALL YEAR.

Jun 7, 2019 3:11:09 PM

Good point.

Level 15
Jun 7, 2019 3:11:10 PM

Pick the Whole year