The IRS has temporarily suspended phone services until further notice. This suspension doesn’t affect online services, refunds, or stimulus payments. We partner closely with the IRS and will update this article as soon as phone operations return to normal.
You have until July 15 to file your federal return and pay your income taxes this year since the tax filing deadline has been extended. For more detailed information on filing and payment deadlines, go here.
If you haven’t filed your federal taxes with TurboTax yet
You can choose your payment date and method in Step 2 of the File section.
If you’ve already filed your federal taxes with TurboTax
You can’t change your payment date in TurboTax after your return has been accepted but you can cancel it and make other payment arrangements with the IRS.
Federal tax direct debit payments can be canceled up to 2 business days prior to the debit date. To cancel, call the U.S. Treasury Financial Agent at 888-353-4537.
Then, to schedule a new payment, go to the IRS Direct Pay site.
Please be aware that due to IRS office closures and limited staffing, they have temporarily suspended phone services.
- What are the different options for getting my federal (IRS) tax refund?
- How do I change my TurboTax login (user ID or password)?
- What if I don't have a bank account?
- How do I remove the refund processing fees in the mobile app and change my payment method?
- Why don't I see the Upgrade option in TurboTax Online?