How do I change my payment date? - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
TurboTax has your taxes covered during coronavirus. Stay up-to-date on the latest tax info here.
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.1281 helpful votes

How do I change my payment date?

The IRS has temporarily suspended phone services until further notice. This suspension doesn’t affect online services, refunds, or stimulus payments. We partner closely with the IRS and will update this article as soon as phone operations return to normal.

You have until July 15 to file your federal return and pay your income taxes this year since the tax filing deadline has been extended. For more detailed information on filing and payment deadlines, go here.

If you haven’t filed your federal taxes with TurboTax yet

Pay as you normally would, before the new July 15 deadline.

If you’ve already filed your federal taxes with TurboTax

You can’t change your payment date in TurboTax after your return has been accepted but you can cancel it and make other payment arrangements with the IRS.

Federal tax direct debit payments can be canceled up to 2 business days prior to the debit date. To cancel, call the IRS on (888) 353-4537, but please wait 7-10 days after your return has been accepted.

Then, to schedule a new payment, go to the IRS Direct Pay site.

Please be aware that due to IRS office closures and limited staffing, they have temporarily suspended phone services.

State taxes

For your state direct debit payment, contact your state directly.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post