What if I entered the wrong account for direct deb... - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
TurboTax has your taxes covered during coronavirus. Stay up-to-date on the latest tax info here.
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.1281 helpful votes

What if I entered the wrong account for direct debit, or my account has insufficient funds?

If you haven't e-filed your return yet (or your return is in Rejected status), you can revisit the File section in TurboTax to either correct your account information or choose a different tax payment method.

For a Pending status return, you'll need to wait for its status to change to rejected or accepted.

Once your e-filed return has been accepted, it's too late to update your bank account or change your payment method in TurboTax. Instead, call the IRS e-file Payment Services right away at 1-888-353-4537 – they're open 24/7.

You may be penalized if your tax payment isn't received by the filing deadline, so don't delay.

For problems with state tax payments, contact your state tax agency.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post