Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 6, 2019 1:17:15 AM

Medical Insurance Premiums

I am a >2% shareholder in a sub s corporation.  I have medical insurance premiums paid by my employer listed in box 1 wages on my W-2 as well as in box 14, with the description, "2% HE".  Where in Turbo Tax do I enter the premiums so they show up on line 29 of Page 1 of my 1040

0 3 826
1 Best answer
Jun 6, 2019 1:17:16 AM

When you enter your K-1 from the corporation, it will ask you about health insurance, and you need to check that box and answer the followup questions, including re-entering Box 5 of your W-2 from the corporation.

1. Enter all the applicable information or click through until you come to the Other Situations screen  
  2. Check the box next to, "I personally paid health insurance...."
  3. Click Continue until you get to the Self Employed Health Insurance screen. Here you can enter the amounts you paid.

3 Replies
Jun 6, 2019 1:17:16 AM

When you enter your K-1 from the corporation, it will ask you about health insurance, and you need to check that box and answer the followup questions, including re-entering Box 5 of your W-2 from the corporation.

1. Enter all the applicable information or click through until you come to the Other Situations screen  
  2. Check the box next to, "I personally paid health insurance...."
  3. Click Continue until you get to the Self Employed Health Insurance screen. Here you can enter the amounts you paid.

Jun 6, 2019 1:17:18 AM

I did it wrong the first time.  When re-entering my Box 5 wages plus doing as you recommended, it worked perfectly.  Thank you!

Jun 6, 2019 1:17:20 AM

Great news!