Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jul 24, 2021 7:52:50 AM

COVID-19 Not received Stimulus Payments

I've read through a lot of the threads about unreceived COVID stimuluses and I'm still not seeing an answer for this. I have not gotten any of the checks and fit all the requirements. TurboTax isn't giving my the option at the Review section. Is there a way to write it in after print or how would this best be done?

0 4 340
1 Best answer
Level 15
Jul 24, 2021 8:17:43 AM

@maclad wrote:

Ok that makes more sense. So even if you could be claimed can prevent the COVID dialogue from appearing?  

Yes.  If you can be claimed as a dependent you would not be eligible for the credit on your tax return.

4 Replies
Level 15
Jul 24, 2021 8:03:04 AM

There would be only two reasons you are not being asked about receiving the stimulus payments.

First, you have indicated on your tax return that you can be claimed as a dependent.

Or -

Second, your Adjusted Gross Income is over the threshold for receiving the Recovery Rebate Credit:

• $150,000 if married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er)
• $112,500 if head of household
• $75,000 if single or married filing separately

Jul 24, 2021 8:13:50 AM

Ok that makes more sense. So even if you could be claimed can prevent the COVID dialogue from appearing?  

Level 15
Jul 24, 2021 8:17:43 AM

@maclad wrote:

Yes.  If you can be claimed as a dependent you would not be eligible for the credit on your tax return.

Jul 24, 2021 8:27:13 AM

Thanks for that clarification!