Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 6, 2019 8:42:53 AM

When I completed my Ohio state taxes my local district school income tax forms were not available. How do I get those so I can file them?

Why aren't the forms available to print?

0 3 1008
1 Best answer
Jun 6, 2019 8:42:55 AM

IF you've already filed your Federal forms, without filing the state......then, only AFTER the Federal e-file response from the IRS is already "Accepted" (Not just transmitted), then you can get back into your file using the "Add A State" selection. Some state forms are not going to be ready until after February 9, 2018.

You will want to go back through your state again, from start to finish and make sure everything is entered correctly, checking for any error codes etc.

Also, many states have added additional fraud prevention measures this year. You may want to check your state's tax website for any information on this as well. 

3 Replies
Jun 6, 2019 8:42:55 AM

IF you've already filed your Federal forms, without filing the state......then, only AFTER the Federal e-file response from the IRS is already "Accepted" (Not just transmitted), then you can get back into your file using the "Add A State" selection. Some state forms are not going to be ready until after February 9, 2018.

You will want to go back through your state again, from start to finish and make sure everything is entered correctly, checking for any error codes etc.

Also, many states have added additional fraud prevention measures this year. You may want to check your state's tax website for any information on this as well. 

Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 8:42:58 AM

TurboTax (TT) does not automatically prepare a city return, you must initiate it. At the screen, in the Ohio program, titled 
 "A few things before we wrap up your state taxes"
      scroll down to School District taxes. 
Or, later
"Your 2016 Ohio Taxes are ready for us to check"
    -Click Other situations
    -Scroll down to 
School District  taxes. 

Returning Member
Feb 6, 2021 3:07:46 PM

There is no reason other then inept and inert management that the Ohio state tax return forms can't be finalized and ready by Feb 1st.  These arses wiill be the frist to penalize you for filling late.   No wonder government employees have civil service, not to protect them from political patronage or nepotism that is already rampant, but their incompetence.