Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Apr 13, 2020 9:30:05 PM

Using Turbotax Business to File 1041 for 4 Trusts, How many state returns are included in price?

My purchase of Turbotax Business allows me to file four separate 1041 Federal returns. I am filing returns for 4 Trusts that were set up for my grandchildren. Does the purchase of the state filing for one also cover the other 3 returns, or will I need to pay the $55 fee for each return?

0 2 354
1 Best answer
Level 15
Apr 13, 2020 10:32:15 PM

@kman925 wrote:

Does the purchase of the state filing for one also cover the other 3 returns, or will I need to pay the $55 fee for each return?

The purchase for the state filing covers all of the returns provided you are filing all of the returns with the same state (i.e., a different state would involve a separate purchase).

2 Replies
Level 15
Apr 13, 2020 10:32:15 PM

@kman925 wrote:

Does the purchase of the state filing for one also cover the other 3 returns, or will I need to pay the $55 fee for each return?

The purchase for the state filing covers all of the returns provided you are filing all of the returns with the same state (i.e., a different state would involve a separate purchase).

Level 1
Apr 15, 2020 11:43:35 AM

Awesome. Thanks for the reply.