Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 10:23:44 PM

TT says I cannot e-file my West Virginia IT-140W form with this year when I have been able to in all my previous years with TT. Why?

0 4 1014
4 Replies
Level 15
Jun 4, 2019 10:23:45 PM

Many state forms are not finalized so you cannot e-file your state return until they are ready.  There are also a number of federal forms that are not yet finalized so you have to wait for them.  Click on Review to see what forms you still need in order to e-file. 

There really should be no rush to file--the IRS will not be accepting/rejecting returns until January 28.  Many tax documents such as W-2's, 1099's, 1098's, etc. have not been mailed out yet. You may not have everything you need until mid-February.  If you file too early and then find out another important document just arrived in your mailbox, you have to go through the agony of amending your return--which takes about 4 months.

Jun 4, 2019 10:23:48 PM

It says the form is available by mail, but not available to e-file? How do I I do my taxes then?

Jun 4, 2019 10:23:48 PM

THAT form is no longer required by the state of WV. I’m assuming TT will update this on the 31st when the rest are available

Jun 4, 2019 10:23:49 PM

You no longer have to have that form for WV!! It should be taken completely off turbo tax site. I’m assuming because forms aren’t ready yet it hasn’t. Sorry for previous comment. Autocorrect lol