Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Mar 6, 2021 2:05:26 PM

Partner income worksheet - K-1

Worksheet asks for Partnerships name and address with state and zip code - The problem is that the partnership is located in Bermuda and there is no State or zip code - The Turbo Tax software will not let me go on without the state and zip code - What to do?????

aoakes278

0 3 616
1 Best answer
Level 15
Mar 6, 2021 2:09:34 PM

Enter your own address as the address for the partnership.

The IRS has the correct address from the return that the partnership filed and the K-1 you received (and are entering) does not get transmitted to the IRS.

3 Replies
Level 15
Mar 6, 2021 2:09:34 PM

Enter your own address as the address for the partnership.

The IRS has the correct address from the return that the partnership filed and the K-1 you received (and are entering) does not get transmitted to the IRS.

Level 1
Mar 9, 2021 7:43:29 AM

Thanks much - This response allowes me to complete my return with confidence -

aoakes278

Returning Member
Apr 13, 2021 12:41:26 PM

@tagteam There is a software problem in the 2020 New Jersey State form that I was unable to solve with the suggested workaround.  TT support suggested I start from scratch on the Federal tab by deleting the K-1 details.  I have a PO Box address for the LLC in the same zip code as my residence.  When I get to the state return info, the NJ worksheet G says the zip code is invalid.  Trying the suggested workaround, I entered my home address for the LLC, which is in the same zip code as my residence.  Did not work. I even deleted the K-1 info again and saved my revised Federal info (minus K-1)  and logged off TT. Then I logged back in, created new K-1 info from the Federal tab. Running a NJ review, I get the same message about an invalid Zip Code.  I also note another oddity: the software mysteriously adds the letter "i" to my first name.