Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 11:09:25 PM

NYS IT-203-A: do I need to complete days allocation and then 203-a to allocate business? I assume that the number of days in NY determine the allocation of corp income?

Its seem that IT-203-A is duplicate.  during the question process in TT, I determine my NYS business income by number of days in NYS versus outside of NY.  I work for corporation and don't earn income by the state I work in.  So number of days is best course to assess allocation percentage.  But a few questions later, I'm asked if I need to complete 203-A to allocate, can the answer be NO and delete the form?

0 1 3529
1 Best answer
Expert Alumni
Jun 4, 2019 11:09:26 PM

If you are using the percentage of days allocation, you do not need form IT-203A.  Please click on link to see a copy of the IT-203A:  Form IT-203-A:12/16:Business Allocation Schedule:IT203A  A close look at this form reveals that this form reports allocation on business income percentages.  Where you are reporting your allocation will be on IT-203B, which includes the percentage of days allocation.  You may see a copy of this form at this link:  IT-203-B Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Income Allocation and ...

Thus, if you need IT-203-B, you do not need IT-203-A.

1 Replies
Expert Alumni
Jun 4, 2019 11:09:26 PM

If you are using the percentage of days allocation, you do not need form IT-203A.  Please click on link to see a copy of the IT-203A:  Form IT-203-A:12/16:Business Allocation Schedule:IT203A  A close look at this form reveals that this form reports allocation on business income percentages.  Where you are reporting your allocation will be on IT-203B, which includes the percentage of days allocation.  You may see a copy of this form at this link:  IT-203-B Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Income Allocation and ...

Thus, if you need IT-203-B, you do not need IT-203-A.