Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Mar 30, 2024 2:16:28 PM

Massachusetts Schedule B

I posted earlier on this subject and received a response from Julie S.  I appreciate the way Turbo Tax makes it easy to get an answer.  Unfortunately the answer did  not solve the mystery of line 5 of the "other interest and dividends included statement".

I am assuming you have access to my post (so you can see how I entered dividend and interest) and Julie's response.  The response asked for a reply back if I had more questions, which I do.  

The images in Julie's email response were not helpful.  However, I was able to view the "other interest and dividends included statement" from the menu of forms in my return.  Unfortunately all that is on that form is a five figure amount with no explanation where it came from.  

Other than Social Security, not taxed by Massachusetts, all my federal taxable and non -taxable income is shown on my Massachusetts return.  If I were to file, the addition on line 5 gives me an unwarranted tax increase.

I believe I indicated in my previous communication that I had used Turbo Tax on-line for several previous years federal and Massachusetts  tax returns which had the same type of interest and dividends.  The on-line version while an inferior product to the desktop,  did not make any additions to line 3 of Schedule B and made the appropriate deductions on line 6 of the same schedule.  Therefore, I have to believe Turbo Tax can solve my problem.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Thank you. 

0 2538
0 Replies