Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Feb 22, 2020 4:20:47 PM

Do I need to send my W-2 in?

Hi,

I moved to another state mid-year.  During one of the state return sections, turotax told me to mail in my W-2 to the state I left.  After I e-Filed, I was given no instructions for how to do this or if it is even still necessary.

a) Do I need to mail my W-2 to the departing state?

b) If so, how do I do it?  (which mailing address, and what paperwork goes with it, so they can match it up to my filed return)?

Thanks,

Tom

0 5 542
1 Best answer
Expert Alumni
Feb 22, 2020 5:39:49 PM

Tom-Yes, they will associate your forms by the Social Security Numbers.  Also, I found this address at the website:

If you filed electronically and need to submit supporting documentation, please mail it to the following address:

PA Department of Revenue
Electronic Filing Section
PO Box 280507
Harrisburg, PA  17128-0507

You may also fax or email your supporting documents to one of the following:

Fax:  717-772-4193 or Email:  RA-BITPITELFCORFAXES@pa.gov

***If you elect to email your documents, please be sure that they are in a .pdf format or they will not upload to the system***

@supertom

5 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Feb 22, 2020 4:38:49 PM

Generally, if you efile you do not need to mail in your W2's

What state are you referring to?

Level 1
Feb 22, 2020 4:59:03 PM

I moved from PA to AZ.  It prompted me about sending them in during the PA section.  It prepared an "Additional Information" sheet for PA.

Expert Alumni
Feb 22, 2020 5:22:11 PM

Yes, you will want to mail them to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue.  Send to: 

PA DEPT OF REVENUE

2 REVENUE PLACE

HARRISBURG PA 17129-0002

Level 1
Feb 22, 2020 5:24:32 PM

Do I simply mail the W2s without any documentation and they just look up my return via the SSN on my W2?

Expert Alumni
Feb 22, 2020 5:39:49 PM

Tom-Yes, they will associate your forms by the Social Security Numbers.  Also, I found this address at the website:

If you filed electronically and need to submit supporting documentation, please mail it to the following address:

PA Department of Revenue
Electronic Filing Section
PO Box 280507
Harrisburg, PA  17128-0507

You may also fax or email your supporting documents to one of the following:

Fax:  717-772-4193 or Email:  RA-BITPITELFCORFAXES@pa.gov

***If you elect to email your documents, please be sure that they are in a .pdf format or they will not upload to the system***

@supertom