Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Mar 12, 2024 8:02:03 PM

California form 568 for Turbotax 2023

Hi experts:

I just filed the tax return for me and my wifi (a joint filing) for both federal and state return. We used Turbotax 2023 Home and Small Business, since my wifi started a LLC in Nov 2023 as sole proprietorship.

From the final pdf that Turbotax printed for my tax return, the state return does include the form 568. However, during the filing, Turbotax also once prompted: 

"if prompted to check this box, TurboTax cannot e-file this LLC return due to one or more of the reasons below. It will need to be printed and mailed, and you will need to file a waiver with the California Franchise Tax Board. You may still e-file your California Individual Income Tax return. Check the box to acknowledge this message..."

From the e-file status, it only said my federal and state tax return are accepted. Therefore, I'm a little bit confused if I should print and mailed the form to IRS separately or not. 

0 1 3111
1 Best answer
Expert Alumni
Mar 13, 2024 5:38:19 AM

Yes, you need to print, sign, and mail Form 568 for the Single-Member LLC. The prompt to check the box listed the reasons why the form could not be e-filed.

The e-file confirmation you received was for your California individual tax return. As you said, Form 568 was not included.

1 Replies
Expert Alumni
Mar 13, 2024 5:38:19 AM

Yes, you need to print, sign, and mail Form 568 for the Single-Member LLC. The prompt to check the box listed the reasons why the form could not be e-filed.

The e-file confirmation you received was for your California individual tax return. As you said, Form 568 was not included.