If you weren’t paid $600 or more, a business isn’t required to send you a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC, but you still need to report the income.
To enter your self-employment income not reported on a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC:
- Open or continue your return.
- Search for Schedule C and select the Jump to link.
- Answer the general questions about your business (or select Review or Edit at the work summary screen).
- At the Let’s get income for… screen, select Other self-employed Income.
If you made $600 or more, contact the company or individual you worked for to request a 1099-NEC.
- How do I report earnings or losses from Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency?
- What is a capital gain or loss?
- How do I report Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency as a capital gain?
- How do I report income from self-employment?
- I didn’t receive a 1099-MISC, 1099-B, or 1099-K for my Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency earnings, do I have to report them?