If you weren’t paid $600 or more, a business isn’t required to send you a 1099-MISC, but you still need to report the income.
To enter your self-employment income not reported on a 1099-MISC:
- When in your account, select the Take Me to My Return button on the main screen.
- Type Schedule C in the Search box
- Select the Jump to link.
- Answer the general questions about your business (or select Edit at the work summary screen).
- At the Let’s get income for… screen, select Other self-employed Income.
If you made $600 or more, contact the company or individual you worked for to request a 1099-MISC.
- How do I report earnings or losses from Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency?
- What is a capital gain or loss?
- How do I report Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency as a capital gain?
- How do I report income from self-employment?
- I didnt receive a 1099-MISC or 1099-B for my Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency earnings, do I have to report them?