Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 5:59:16 PM

Is there a way I can see how turbo tax came up with the credit amount for the Retirement Savings Contribution Credit?

Is there a way I can see how turbo tax came up with the credit amount of the Retirement Savings Contribution Credit?  I tried calculating this on my own and I am getting a completely different amount then what is shown on Turbo Tax.

0 1 370
1 Best answer
Level 15
Jun 4, 2019 5:59:17 PM

You have to look at form 8880, to see that. In TurboTax, you cannot see the forms until you pay your fee.

A common reason is that the qualifying amount, of this year's contribution must be reduced for any IRA, 401k, or pension withdrawals, in the last three years, by either you or your spouse. This reduction will be shown on form 8880.

1 Replies
Level 15
Jun 4, 2019 5:59:17 PM

You have to look at form 8880, to see that. In TurboTax, you cannot see the forms until you pay your fee.

A common reason is that the qualifying amount, of this year's contribution must be reduced for any IRA, 401k, or pension withdrawals, in the last three years, by either you or your spouse. This reduction will be shown on form 8880.