Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Mar 5, 2024 7:41:34 PM

Income Ananlysis shown after e-filing is not correct. It is missing my 2023 Social Security income.

My 2023 Social Security was not taxable (which is correct). However, the Income Analysis after e-filing is missing my Social Security income entirely so that the 2023 analysis figure is completely incorrect. I also previously posted that in Forms, my 2022-2023 Two-Year Comparison form is also missing my 2023 Social Security income, skewing the 2023 income figure. I am rapidly losing confidence that Turbo Tax is handling my Social Security income correctly even though my tax returns appear to be correct. What is causing this problem & why is my 2023 Social Security income not appearing on these 2 reports?

0 4 289
4 Replies
Mar 6, 2024 4:23:32 AM

I'm having the same issue with 2023 turbotax program. The taxable income is missing and it shows zero tax due.  I e-flied  mines thinking, what a blessing. Nope, I'm waiting on my letter from IRS explaining why my refund amount will be changed.  This is happening on every person's filing I attempt to do. Is anyone from Turbotax working on this issue? Did I receive a defective download program?

Level 2
Mar 6, 2024 6:39:42 AM

Oh no. Where is the Turbo Tax rep telling us what we should do now?

Expert Alumni
Mar 6, 2024 6:54:09 AM

Please clarify your question.

• Are you using the FORMS mode in the Desktop/CD version?
  • What is the name of the form the error is on?
  • You should not post directly in FORMs mode. 
    • It all should be entered in step by step.
    • There may be calculations that could be missed.
  • On the two year comparison the Social Security value is the taxable amount, not the total value.

@sandrasouther 

@hawkinsminor 

Please contact us again with any additional details.

Level 2
Mar 6, 2024 7:02:36 AM

I just got off the phone with Turbo Tax CPA. My return is correct & my SS is NOT taxable in my specific situation. He explained that Turbo Tax does NOT include SS income on the Two-Year Comparison screen found in the Forms list for the desktop version & it does NOT include Social Security income on the multi-year Income Analysis screen after you e-file your return either. In summary, my return was confirmed to be correct.