Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Apr 14, 2021 1:00:50 PM

I have multiple 1099 forms from the same brokerage. TurboTax won't let me retrieve the additional sets. How do I get around this problem with you software?

When I reselect Baird. It gives me the information I have already pulled. I need to pull additional forms.

0 4 706
4 Replies
Expert Alumni
Apr 14, 2021 1:56:45 PM

You may need to enter the other 1099Rs manually from the hard copy.   After you have logged in and are in your return in TurboTax Online:

• Go to Search at the top of the screen.
  • Enter Form 1099-R in the search box. 
  • You will see a Jump To function that will take you to the 1099-R input screens. 
  • Then add a new 1099R and manually enter your 1099R.

At the financial services screens, click "Change how I enter my form" then "Type it myself"

Level 2
Apr 14, 2021 3:00:18 PM

This defeats the whole purpose of automatic download of the data, which eliminates data entry errors. Why do I bother with this software if I just have to enter the data myself?

Expert Alumni
Apr 15, 2021 5:31:18 PM

The interaction with each broker, bank, and  issuer is different due to the different software interacting.

Level 2
Apr 18, 2021 5:49:58 PM

So, what you are saying is that TurboTax is working as designed. The problem is on my Broker's end. Would it be a simple matter to re-prompt for the account number like it did the first time and like it did last year? That way I can enter the account number I actually wanted to grab. Are you telling me that it's my broker's software asking for the account number? It sure looked like TurboTax to me.