Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted May 31, 2019 8:06:22 PM

I do not itemize but I do have self employment income and some 401 investments. What verzion sould I use?

I have used the Premiere version in the past but it seems unnecessary sine I don't qualify to itemize.

0 1 400
1 Best answer
Expert Alumni
May 31, 2019 8:06:24 PM

Yes, if you used TurboTax Online last year, we recommend that you log into the same account to begin your current tax return. Doing this will transfer all your information to your new return.

As you work through the TurboTax interview screens, you will be prompted to upgrade to the correct version for your situation. This year, most self-employed taxpayers will use TurboTax Self-Employed Online.

If you used TurboTax CD/Download for desktop, purchase and install the same version you had last year. Again, you can import last year's tax return information to begin your new return.

1 Replies
Expert Alumni
May 31, 2019 8:06:24 PM

Yes, if you used TurboTax Online last year, we recommend that you log into the same account to begin your current tax return. Doing this will transfer all your information to your new return.

As you work through the TurboTax interview screens, you will be prompted to upgrade to the correct version for your situation. This year, most self-employed taxpayers will use TurboTax Self-Employed Online.

If you used TurboTax CD/Download for desktop, purchase and install the same version you had last year. Again, you can import last year's tax return information to begin your new return.