Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 3, 2019 4:42:05 PM

Had it set up for fedeal taxes to be taking from checking account on the 3/15/19 but they did not

when i file my taxes i have to pay federal taxes i had it set up to be taken out on 3/15/19 out of my checking account but it did not come out what is my next step to take.

0 1 814
1 Best answer
Jun 3, 2019 4:42:06 PM

Keep watching your bank account online, or check your monthly bank statement.

When you authorize the IRS or a state taxing authority to withdraw your tax due from a bank account and provide a date for the withdrawal, you can be assured that the funds will not be withdrawn before that date. Very often, it takes a few business days for the withdrawal to actually be processed against your account, but you should be sure to have sufficient funds available on the specified date and until the withdrawal is posted.

1 Replies
Jun 3, 2019 4:42:06 PM

Keep watching your bank account online, or check your monthly bank statement.

When you authorize the IRS or a state taxing authority to withdraw your tax due from a bank account and provide a date for the withdrawal, you can be assured that the funds will not be withdrawn before that date. Very often, it takes a few business days for the withdrawal to actually be processed against your account, but you should be sure to have sufficient funds available on the specified date and until the withdrawal is posted.