How do I track my California tax refund? - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.5349 helpful votes

How do I track my California tax refund?

Note on refund delays

Some states have had delays in distributing tax refunds. If your refund is taking longer than expected, the best place to find out the latest information is on your state’s refund tracker page.

TurboTax doesn’t have information on state refund delays

Since states distribute refunds directly to taxpayers, we don't have information on delays or updated refund dates.

Where to track your refund

You can track your refund at the State of California Franchise Tax Board Where's my refund? page. Select Check refund.

You’ll need to know the exact amount of your expected refund

California will ask you to enter the exact amount of your expected refund in whole dollars in order to find its status. To find it:

• Sign in to TurboTax and you’ll see the amount of your refund.(If you're using the mobile app, you may need to scroll down to find the amount.)
  • You can also find it on your printed or saved California return:
    • 540 2EZ – Line 28
    • 540 – Line 96
    • 540NR Short or Long Form – Line 103

If there’s a problem

Contact the California Franchise Tax Board if you have questions about your refund. That's the quickest way to determine your refund status.

Unfortunately, TurboTax doesn't distribute refunds and we can't help with any delays in that process.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in