Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted May 31, 2019 7:46:12 PM

My wife and I received rental from several S-Corp - K-1 that we own 100%. Do I have to fill Schedule -E ? If I fill Scedule E it does duplicate income?

My wife and I received rental from several S-Corp - K-1 that we own 100%. Do I have to fill Schedule -E? If I fill Schedule E it does duplicate income?

0 1 476
1 Best answer
Intuit Alumni
May 31, 2019 7:46:14 PM

If the rentals are all under the S-Corporations, and you receive a Schedule K-1, you do not need to fill out Schedule E. The income and expenses from the rentals will be on the K-1, which you will report on your personal return. If any of the rentals are not under the S-Corporations, then you do need to file out Schedule E for those. The program will be able to help your enter those,along with the K-1s. 

1 Replies
Intuit Alumni
May 31, 2019 7:46:14 PM

If the rentals are all under the S-Corporations, and you receive a Schedule K-1, you do not need to fill out Schedule E. The income and expenses from the rentals will be on the K-1, which you will report on your personal return. If any of the rentals are not under the S-Corporations, then you do need to file out Schedule E for those. The program will be able to help your enter those,along with the K-1s.