Deductions & credits

Your stimulus is not taxed and does not reduce your refund.   But if you do not correctly enter the amounts of stimulus money you received already, the software can add stimulus money that you are really not eligible to receive to your refund--making it seem like you are getting a bigger refund.    But then the IRS cross checks and recalculates when they see how much you already received.

Make sure you enter the amounts you received for both EIP payments in the recovery rebate credit section.  Then see if there is anything on line 30 of your Form 1040.    Any amounts you are still eligible to receive should show up on line 30.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**