RalphH1
Expert Alumni

After you file

Since you were covered for all of 2021, the “Last Month Rule” should be irrelevant, and the no-income result it’s giving you about that is correct, although it seems to be asking you extra, unneeded questions. We definitely don’t want to put the 2022 excess contribution amount in that field where you can edit 2021, though (as it’s handled differently).

Are you able to print your return, and if so, do you see an amount on line 8f of Schedule 1? (I’m sort of grasping with that question!) Also, are you using the downloadable or online version of our program? And is your entire 2022 HSA contribution amount on your W-2, with a box 12 “W”?

Cinna13604, sometimes it’s a good idea to get a call from us (like this) to troubleshoot these kinds of issues, as doing it here can be trickier. (And although I’m finding it mysterious that you’ve never seen the main screen that we need, it’s possible I’m missing something obvious that someone who shares your screen won’t.) But I do appreciate your patience as well(!), and if you’d rather continue here, I’ll circle back in the morning to help. (Unless someone who’s seen this exact thing comes along in the meantime and solves it!)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"