jacev18

Reject Code IND-516-02, It won't let me correct it and I don't see the option to amend it so I can change this. It has obviously already been submitted. What do I do?

Description of error:
If Form 1040, 'PrimaryClaimAsDependentInd' is not checked, then the Primary SSN must not be the same as a Dependent SSN on another return filed for the same tax year.

You must indicate the taxpayer has been claimed as a dependent on another return.
It won't let me change this at all though.
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

After you file

I am attaching a TurboTax Help article for instructions how to fix the reject.  Click here:  Fix reject

Follow instructions from the blue link and re-file.  You do not amend your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jacev18

After you file

When you click fix it now, it doesn't let you fix it. The only option you get is to resubmit. I will reply with some pictures

Screenshot_20210515-214805.png

This appears after hitting 'fix my return'

Screenshot_20210515-214818.png

After clicking 'revisit'

Screenshot_20210515-214823.png

Hitting 'continue' (the only available button) brings you here

Screenshot_20210515-214849.png

You are then made to just resubmit it, without changing anything. Which I have done about 5 times now.

IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

After you file

Did you try clicking the "Revisit"  link, next to Federal Return Rejection? Or can you click on My Info on the left side of the screen to make changes?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jacev18

After you file

Yes, clicking revisit brings you to the second picture. I called and got it resolved thought