Received 1099-misc forms late; How do I proceed?

Hi,

This may be a common question, I am a bit confused here.

I received multiple 1099-misc forms late, and I was under the impression I needed to amend my tax returns with a 1090X form as well as including copies of the 1099-misc forms, and any other changes that were made to my numbers.

The IRS states, "do not file an amended return if you forgot to attach tax forms, such as a Form W-2 or a schedule. The IRS will mail you a request for them in most cases".

Do I wait for them to contact me for amendments? My tax return was approved a few months ago. Please advise. All help is appreciated. Thank you.

After you file

Did you include the 1099Misc income in your return when you filed?  You needed to report all your income whether or not you got the 1099Misc.  If you did not report that income you need to amend to add it.  

How to Amend
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27577

The IRS message means if you forgot to attach the W2 or 1099 if you mailed your return.  

After you file

Yes I reported all my income when I filed

So, it's best to wait for them to contact me ? Any clue on what  that process would be like and what would be needed from me upon contact? Thank you VolvoGirl

After you file

They don't need copies of your 1099Misc.  Just keep them with a copy of your tax return.  Nothing you need to do.  They shouldn't ask you for them.   Nothing to worry about.  As long as you reported all the income on your return.