I've recently filed for my tax returns for 2017 with Turbo Tax. I wasn't however aware that since I am an international F1 student, your app didn't handle my case. I heard that I'm also supposed to file my 1040NR form. I'm a little worried, since my tax refund has already been 'approved'. I haven't received it yet though.
- Enter your name, current address, and social security number (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) on the front of Form 1040X.
- Don’t enter any other information on page 1. Also, don’t complete Parts I or II on page 2 of Form 1040X.
- Enter in Part III the reason why you are filing Form 1040X.
- Complete a new or corrected return (Form 1040, Form 1040NR, etc.).
- Across the top of the new or corrected return, write “Amended.”
- Attach the new or corrected return to the back of Form 1040X.
Hi, I did amend my 2018 tax forms but sprint tax didn't generate form 8843 and turbo tax also didn't generate while filing the 2018 taxes. I need to submit 8843 but not sure if I should send it along with the amended package or do I need to send it separately.
Also, I entered USA in 2015 on F1 and I had no income for the years 2015 and 2016. I didn't submit 8843 form 8843 for 2015 and 2016. Can I submit it now?
FYI, I didn't have SSN during 2015 and 2016, still I need to submit the 8843 those years?